WAINSCOTT COMMON SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF TRUSTEES REGULAR MEETING
January 16, 2019
Present: Board President D. Eagan, Trustee W. Babinski Jr, Superintendent D. Haab,
Business Manager C. Schnell, District Clerk M. McCaffrey, teacher K. Yusko and one (1) member of the public
Absent: Trustee K. Anderson
- The meeting was called to order at 5:30 pm
- Board Minutes of December 19, 2018 – Accepted
- Financial Report
- Check Warrant – December 2018 – Filed
- Audit Trail – December 2018 – Filed
- Bank Reconciliations – November 2018 and December 2018 – Filed
- Profit & Loss Budget vs Actual Statement – Filed.
- Should have previous form ‘Budget Control Report” available next meeting
- School Report
- Tennis for Phys Ed class ended, Bowling next
- AIMSWeb Benchmarking completed
- Field Trips to Pellegrino’s Restaurant
- Working to coordinate activity with Sagaponack School
- 2nd & 3rd Grade class entered writing competition. Over 12,000 entries. Several of our students work chosen to be included and published in the book.
- Guild Hall Student Art Festival opening this weekend. Wainscott students will have artwork on display. Also, this year’s Guild Hall flyer is designed with one of Wainscott’s last year’s entries.
- Public Comments
- Historical presentation – 1907 originals – railroad tax
- Superintendent’s Report
- Independent Evaluator Hardship Waiver
- Meeting of East Hampton sending districts to discuss 2019-2020 Calendar
- East End Cluster Meeting – new guidance from State Ed regarding certified school counselor – develop plan for Board approval
- 2019-2020 Budget Request Packets have been turned in by staff
- Old building – trim paint peeling – get quote for repair
- Few items need to be excessed. Research who may remove.
Next Meeting Date – Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 5:30 p.m.
- RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees approves the minutes of its regular meeting held on December 19, 2018. – Approved
- RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees approves the Check Warrant
December 2018) – Approved
- RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees, acknowledges receipt of the Audit Trail
December 2018) – Approved
- RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees, upon the recommendation of the Superintendent of Schools, approves provider Lauren Sebor, Psychologist at a rate of $55 per 30 minute session for the 2018-2019 school year. – Approved
- Resolved, that the Board of Trustees, upon the recommendation of the Director of Special Education, approves the services as recommended by the Committee on Special Education for students #011144261, #000092205,# 011144274, #011144273, #011144276 and #011144271. – Approved
- RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees, upon the recommendation of the Superintendent of Schools, approves the appointment of Virginia Hessler for Math Consultation to assist a student attending the Ross School for the 2018-2019 school year at a rate of $100 per hour/three hours weekly. – Rescinded
- RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees, upon the recommendation of the Superintendent of Schools, approves the addition of Brady Yusko and Shannon Nunez to the Substitute List– Approved
- Public Comment – None
- The meeting was adjourned at 5:50 pm to enter an Executive Session
- The Executive Session was adjourned at 6:20 p.m.
- The Regular Meeting was adjourned at 6:20 p.m.
Mary M. McCaffrey