WAINSCOTT COMMON SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF TRUSTEES REGULAR MEETING
April 18, 2018
Present: Board President D. Eagan, Trustee W. Babinski Jr, Superintendent D. Haab, Business Manager G. Hilton, District Clerk M. McCaffrey, and Teacher K. Yusko.
Absent: Trustee K. Anderson
– The meeting was called to order at 5:30 pm
Play area discussion. Perhaps face swings other direction. Resurface entire area.
Next meeting is Budget Hearing: May 2nd at 5:30 PM
– Board Minutes of March 28, 2018 – Accepted
– Financial Report:
- Budget Control Report– filed
- Check Warrant (3.12.18-4.10.18) – filed
- Bank Reconciliations – January 2018 and February 2018
– School Report:
- 3rd Graders took NYS ELA test
- Active Shooter Training at Springs School
- STEAM Conference
- Parent Teacher Conferences
- Earth Day activities
– Public Comments – Agenda Items Only: None
-Superintendent’s Report: Filed
- – Active shooter training at Springs School
- – Follow up with LICN for cameras and Intralogic for camera software
- – New website nearly complete. Letter to parents when live.
- – Lunch with Sewing Society May 4th
- – 2018-19 Calendar – option A – students will return to school Tuesday, September 4th – the day after Labor Day
- -Neighboring districts – how monitoring residency
- -Contact attorney for information establishing Residency Policy
– ES BOCES Budget Vote and Election – attached and filed
– 2018-2019 Budget – $ 3,333,277.
- RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees approves the minutes of its regular meeting held on March 28, 2018. – Approved
- RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees approves the Check Warrant (March 12, 2018 – April 10, 2018) – Approved
- RESOLVED, that the Board approve the Wainscott School 2018-2019 School Calendar / Option A – Approved
- RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees adopt the proposed budget for the 2018-2019 school year in the amount of $3,333,277. – Approved
- RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees of the Wainscott Common School District approves the Real Property Tax Report Card as prepared and attached. – Approved
- RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees appoint Mary McCaffrey as the chairperson and poll clerk and Johari Banker, Abigail Fleming, Patrick McCaffrey and Nancy McCaffrey as inspectors of the District’s Board of Trustees Election and Budget Vote to be held on May 15, 2018 from 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm. – Approved
- RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees approves the Cooperative Bidding Agreement with Eastern Suffolk BOCES as per the attached, Resolution A. – Approved
Public Comments: None
The Regular Meeting was adjourned at 6:35 p.m.
Mary M. McCaffrey