WAINSCOTT COMMON SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF TRUSTEES REGULAR MEETING
March 20, 2019
Present: Board President D. Eagan, Trustees K. Anderson and W. Babinski Jr, Superintendent D. Haab, Business Manager C. Schnell, District Clerk M. McCaffrey,
teacher K. Yusko
- The meeting was called to order at 5:35 pm
- Board Minutes of February 28, 2019 Regular Meeting – Accepted
- Financial Report
- Budget Control Report – Filed
- Check Warrant – February 2019 – Filed
- Audit Trail – February 2019 – Filed
- Fine tuning budget to stay within tax cap. Parentally placed students at Ross having a large impact on budgeting.
- School Report
- EH Town Supervisor Van Scoyoc visited. Had a Q&A session with the students.
- Visited Long Island Science center in Riverhead. Made slime and ice cream.
- Attended AIMSWeb Benchmarking Workshop
- Paticks Day – read about leprechauns and used STEM skills to build traps – leprechauns were not caught!
- Second Trimester will end March 22, 2019. Report Cards will be posted to the Parent Portal March 29th.
- Public Comments: None
- Superintendent’s Report
- Enrollment Report – filed
- ES BOCES proposed budget – Wainscott will participate in vote
- Recent Cluster Meeting with representation from Sherriff’s office centered on RAVE button and its possible implementation with school districts
- New requirement for all districts – Guidance Plan. Will insure access to a counselor. Meeting with BOCES rep, Sagaponack and New Suffolk to discuss the possibility of a shared service
- Conference call with Auditors scheduled for tomorrow, 3/21
- Meeting with BOCES 3/28 – Finance Manager or WINCAP – financial software. Either would provide more real time information for the District.
- Tonight is third and last in series of Parenting Workshop provided. Well attended. Scheduled to offer same program in Spanish in May.
- Upcoming Annual Vote – information materials to be offered bilingually and posted to our website
- Playground playhouse in need of repair
- RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees approves the minutes of its regular meeting held on February 28, 2019 – Approved
- RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees approves the Check Warrant February 2019– Approved
- RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees, acknowledges receipt of the Audit Trail February 2019– Approved
- RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees approves the publication of the 2019 Notice of Public Hearing, Budget Vote and Election of the Wainscott Common School District. – Approved
- RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees, upon the recommendation of the Superintendent of Schools, approves the appointment of Meredith McArdle as Resource Room Teacher to assist a student attending the Ross School for the 2018-2019 school year at a rate of $105 per hour – Approved
- Public Comment – None
- The Regular Meeting was adjourned at 6:30 p.m. to enter an Executive Session
- The Executive Session was adjourned at 7:10 p.m.
- The Regular Meeting was adjourned at 7:10 p.m.
Mary M. McCaffrey