April 17, 2019 Regular Meeting
Present: Board President D. Eagan, Trustees K. Anderson and W. Babinski, Jr.
Superintendent D. Haab, Business Manager C. Schnell,
Teacher K. Yusko
- The meeting was called to order at 5:30 p.m.
- Board Minutes of Budget Work Session March 14, 2019 and March 20, 2019 Regular Meeting – Accepted
- Financial Report
Budget Control Report – Filed
Check Warrant – March 2019 – Filed
Audit Trail – March 2019 – Filed
Updated draft of the proposed 2019-2020 was shared and discussed. The proposed budget amount, $3,324,651, is $8,626 less than the 2018-2019 approved budget of $3,333,277. The Board discussed the amount of unassigned fund balance that would be used to offset the tax levy. The amount required to keep the tax levy increase within the district’s tax cap of 2.93% would significantly deplete the District’s remaining unassigned fund balance. It was decided that $400,000 of unassigned fund balance would be applied to the tax levy and the District would seek to override the tax levy limit, which requires a 60% majority approval of the proposed budget.
- School Report (check with Kelly please)
- Public Comment: None
- Superintendent’s Report
Enrollment Report- filed
Finance Manager Software Program proposal
Projected enrollment for 2019-2020
Meeting with Sagaponack, New Suffolk and Eastern Suffolk BOCES on required Guidance Plan
Conference Call with Auditors, 3/21
- Resolved, that the Board of Trustees approves the minutes of its Budget Work Session (March 14, 2019) and Regular Meeting held on March 20, 2019 –Approved
- Resolved, that the Board of Trustees approves the Check Warrant March 2019. Approved
- Resolved, that the Board of Trustees acknowledges receipt of the Audit Trail March 2019. Approved
- Resolved that the Board of Trustees appoint Mary McCaffrey as the chairperson and poll clerk and Johari Banker, Abigail Fleming, Patrick McCaffrey and Nancy McCaffrey as volunteer inspectors and Rossana Solares as translator of the District’s Board of Trustees Election and Budget Vote to be held on May 21, 2019 from 2:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. Ms Solares will be paid at a rate of a dollar amount per hour to be determined by the Superintendent.
- Resolved, that the Board of Trustees approves the budget for the 2019-2020 school year in the amount of $3,324,651.00
- Resolved that the Board of Trustees, upon the recommendation of the Superintendent, approves the Services of the Institute for Children with Autisim for the 2018-2019 school year at the rate of $150.00 per hour. Approved
- Public Comment – Dennis D’Andrea shared minutes from the May 3, 1919 Wainscott Common School District’s Annual School Meeting.
- The Regular Meeting was adjourned at 6:46 p.m. to enter an Executive Session
- The Executive Session was adjourned at 7:06 p.m.
- The Regular Meeting was adjourned at 7:06 p.m.
Deborah A. Haab
Clerk Pro Tempore