Dear Board Candidate:
- Board Member qualifications
- Instructions for filing nominating petitions
- Education Laws of the State of New York pertaining to Candidate Expenditure & Contribution Statements
- Affidavits for Expenditure & Contribution Statements
- Release of your name, address, and telephone numbers.
- Publication from New York State School Boards Association:
Have YOU considered running for the school board? see website: www.nyssba.org
Please note one member of the Board of Trustees will be elected as follows:
One (1) member for the term of three (3) years commencing July 1, 2019 and expiring June 30, 2022.
Completed petitions are to be returned to the District Clerk’s office at 47 Main Street no later than Monday, April 22, 2019, at 5:00 P.M., and are required to contain the signatures of not less than 25 qualified voters of the district.
The enclosures, in connection with filing expenditure and contribution statements by candidates, indicate that the first statements must be filed on or before April 22, 2019, the second statements on or before May 16, 2017, and the third statements within 20 days following the date of election (June 10, 2019). In addition, candidates must report, within twenty-four hours, any contributions or loan in excess of $1,000.00 received after the filing of the second statement, but prior to the election. It is the candidate’s responsibility to submit the statements in a timely fashion.