WAINSCOTT COMMON SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
BUDGET HEARING & REGULAR MEETING
May 8, 2019
Present: Board President D. Eagan, Trustees W. Babinski Jr and K. Anderson, Superintendent D. Haab, Business Manager C. Schnell, District Clerk M. McCaffrey, Teacher K. Yusko and two (2) members of the press.
- The meeting was called to order at 5:30 pm
- Budget Hearing:
– Pierce tax cap
– 3% salary increase
– No change in student programs
Close Budget Hearing at 5:35 pm
- Financial Report: None
- School Report
- 3rd graders took NYS Math test on May 1st & 2nd
- Hot Dog Lunch with Wainscott Sewing Society was wonderful. Coverage in Independent newspaper.
- Beach cleanup at Town Line Road beach with Sagaponack School. Also covered by newspaper
- Field Trips later in month to WHBPAC and Pollock-Krasner house
- Cookies from class moms for Teacher Appreciation Week very much appreciated.
- Superintendents Report
- Claims Audit Policy – more details for process
- Corrective Action Plan – rejected request for use of response letter
- Sewing Society Luncheon
- Guidance Plan – May 21st Wainscott will host Boces, New Suffolk and Sagaponack for a collaborative meeting for development of such
- Presented proposed budget to WCAC on May 4th. Went well. Was also able to touch on housing issue.
- May 14th will be last local Safety Meeting of the school year.
- Syntax flyer is ready. Mailing should go out as soon as possible.
- 1. RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees approves the Minutes of its meeting of April 17, 2019. – Approved
- RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees, upon the recommendation of the Superintendent of Schools, hereby approves the 2018-2019 Health Service Contract with Southampton UFSD in the amount of $ 2,673.68. – Approved
- RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees of the Wainscott Common School District designates East Hampton Union Free School District as one of the receiving school districts, on a nonexclusive basis, for Wainscott resident students in grades 4-12 in accordance with Education Law §2045 and 8 NYCRR 174.4– Approved
- RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees, accepts the Cooperative Bidding Agreement with Eastern Suffolk BOCES as per the attached– Approved
- Public Comment – Press surprised at no public turnout
Next Meeting – June 19, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
- The Meeting was adjourned at 5:50 p.m.
Mary M McCaffrey